Thursday, July 8, 2010

OUR LIFE, as we knew it, HAS CHANGED

I haven't had time to do a new post lately because we have SO BUSY! Our whole world has changed!!! On Sunday, July 4th, at 4:30pm I got a phone call from my social worker...WE HAD BEEN CHOSEN....and that isn't even the best part....SHE IS ALREADY HERE! She was born on July 4th at 11:57am. My social worker said to me, "Kelly, are yall enjoying your 4th?" I said yes, and my heart was racing because I thought, now why is she calling me!! She went on to say that we had been chosen for a baby girl. My heart stopped! Then she said, "Well, she was born this morning! Come on to the office and we will finish your paper work and then we will go to see your baby!" I went straight home and picked up some of our paper work and headed straight for the office. We got the papers figured out, then we went and put some stuff together for a basket for the birth mother. Then, our 2 social workers and I headed for the hospital. Justin was working in Clarksville, so my sister had to go and pick him up. They met us at the hospital. I tried waiting on Justin to get there before I looked at her. I was sitting there and then realized that on the other side of this window was our baby. Then I started peaking through the blinds and I got a little look at her! She is beyond beautiful! One of the nurses came into the waiting area, where I was, and started telling me how she had adopted a little girl and how our life was fixing to be blessed beyond anything that we knew. She hugged me and cried with me! She was awesome! She asked me if I had seen her yet and I said, NO! Of course, the blinds were closed! She imediately said, "Honey please let me go and open those blinds for you!" I told her that I was supposed to be waiting for Justin, but oh how I couldn't wait, so she went in and opened the blinds! MAN...SHE TOOK MY BREATH AWAY! She was 9lbs and 21 1/2 inches. She has alot of hair, which of course, I AM LOVING! Justin and my sister got there shortly after and we were all just sobbing crying. She is so perfect. The nurses inside the nursery took pictures of us through the nursery window of when we very first were able to see her. Those pictures are PRICELESS! The nurses gave us our own room and let us keep her with us. She is so amazing and perfect! She rarely ever cries and sleeps wonderfully! She is such a good baby! And let me tell you, she is beautiful! Pictures will come soon. We need to get some legal things out of the way and then I will post pictures all over my blog! Right now, we are just taking the time to enjoy her. I say that she is definitely going to be a Mommy's Girl and Justin says she is going to definitely be a Daddy's Girl! We will see! HA!
We are so very grateful to her birth mom. She has given us a gift that we aren't even able to give ourselves right now. We have been able to have dinner with her and she is AMAZING! She has an absolutely amazing personality. She is bubbly and actually really reminds me of ME! We sure do love this little girl and thanking God every second for this little miracle! We are blessed beyond our means!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad dinner went well! I'm also so glad I got to meet this sweet, sweet girl! Oh Kel! She is so lucky to have you as her mommy! I'm so proud of you and Justin! I am still praying for the 2 of you and Miss Gracie!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thrilled for you and Justin!! Gracie is such a blessed little girl to have you as a mom and Jeremy and I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys.....You two and this baby have been blessed beyond measure....Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not be more excited for you and Justin! Gracie is so lucky to have such wonderful parents! I am so happy that her and Easton are so close together in age! They will be a handful together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our little Gracie, God is so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete