Thursday, October 21, 2010

Family Sunday

On Sunday, we headed out to my Aunt's house in Portland. My Mam (grandmother) and some more family came down from Kentucky to celebrate my sister and my nephew's birthdays in October. We had a WONDERFUL huge feast with chicken and dumplings, ham, homeade yeast rolls, green beans, corn and tons more. We had banana pudding, pistachio pudding, pumpkin pie, butter rum cake, and mahogany cake. Oh...it was all so delicious. It was such a great day just spending it with such close family. It is so different without my Mom there with her family, but it feels so great being right where her heart is. I am so blessed to have the wonderful family that I do. Aunt Sandy, Mam & Debbie...you all cooked a GREAT meal. :)

This is Mam with Little Miss. (Again...I hate her face being blacked out, but wanted to share the pictures!)

I love this one where she is looking down at her...


My Mam is an awesome seamstress. She can sew ANYTHING. She has always made us all dresses and things. I still have tons of dresses that she made for Ashley and I when we were Little Miss' size. Everytime someone in the family has a baby, she makes them their christening gowns. She suprised me with Little Miss' on Sunday! Oh my gosh...they are gorgeous! Candice, get ready because we need pictures done again! :)

Here is one dress...

This is another one that she made...


And, here is the blanket that she made for her, as well...


These pictures do not even do them justice. They are more than I could have even imagined. I was so excited to get them! Mam also told me that before my Mom passed away, my Mom gave Mam the pattern to these for when I had a baby girl (she always said she knew without a doubt that I would have a girl first...SHE WAS SOOO RIGHT). Little Miss is so blessed with soooo many people that love her so much! I just LOVE her dresses so much. My Mam is so amazing!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, her dresses and blanket are just beautiful!!! I am in tears thinking about your mom giving a pattern to your grandmother for her to make these beautiful things for your little girl. What an awesome mom you have!!! I am so glad little Miss gets all that lovin from your moms family!
    Can't wait to see the halloween pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet of your mom to do. I'm glad she got to do that for sweet little Miss. I'm so proud of you Kel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome for your mom to do! I absolutely LOVE her christening gowns! Oh my goodness, they are beautiful! Your mam is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete