Thursday, February 10, 2011

Adoption is Great

Wanna know what we have been up to?? Well, we have had sickness, sickness and a little more sickness going on, we have had SNOW, Birthdays and so much more happening. I honestly just forget to get on my blog to update or anything. I will be getting back in the routine of things soon, though.

My wonderful husband, Justin, had his 26th Birthday on Tuesday, February 8th. I got up super early that morning and I cooked him a big breakfast with fried eggs, fried apples & biscuits and gravy. YUMMMM, it was so good! :) He had a great birthday this year, partly because he is a Dad and his life just simply has a new meaning to it, BUT MOSTLY BECAUSE..............
WE GOT OUR COURT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, we really know when we will FINALIZE our adoption and everything will finally be DONE. I will then be able to post my beautiful girl's face on here!! YAAAAAYYYYYY!!! Now, I am not going to go into detail just yet, but remember this for future reference... JUSTIN IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO WILL GET TO HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY BECAUSE OF THIS COURT DATE!!! ;) We are so very blessed in our life and we are so grateful. We couldn't birth a child to be any more perfect or any more "our child" as she is. She is our little miracle!
Another little dab of exciting news that we have going on right now... Our adoption agency has support groups every month for all adoptive families, whether you are just thinking about adoption, a waiting family, just adopted or you are raising a family through adoption already. We always try to make these meetings when we can just so that we can keep some "adoption" related things around for Little Miss as she grows up. They always do a different thing monthly to cover and talk about with the families. The one's that we have been to have all been very informative and reassuring that ADOPTION IS SO GREAT while also covering the downside of adoption. Anyways, for the February support group, they are going to have a family that has adopted, to discuss their adoption journey through the country that they adopted from. Guess who they have asked to cover the Domestic Adoptions??? Your's Truly!! Justin and I will be doing the Domestic adooption. :) There will also be families to cover Korea, Russia, Ukraine and China. We are very excited to get to do this and feel very fortunate to have the ability to speak out about it. Not to mention, we...or I...am just a tad nervous, as well! :) Oh well... it will be so awesome to be able to share every detail about our journey to people that are exactly where we were just a short 7 months ago. WOW... our life has changed so very much in the last 7 months!
Life is Good!!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kelly. I was just wondering, who is this support group through? We have been thinking of looking for one. Is it only for families adopting through your agency? You can email me at swindellk@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly that is SO AWESOME yall get to talk about domestic adoptions...how neat!! :) I'm SO beyond excited about the court date and just WISH I could be there so bad. It really makes me sad I'm so far away and miss things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO excited for ya'll about the court date. Can't wait to see Little Miss' face on here. I'm SO happy for you Kel!!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In just a few weeks, we can all sit back and one long deep breath. God has protected us all from the start. I cannot wait for you and Justin to tell your story!!

    ReplyDelete