Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crazy, Busy, So Called Life...

I haven't forgotten about my blog...just been crazy busy! First of all...
MY BABY GIRL IS 4 MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!
How is that even right?!? It seems like just yesterday that I got a phone call saying, "Kelly, are you enjoying your 4th of July? Well, just wanted to call and congratulate you because you and Justin have been chosen for a baby girl. She was born today and she is perfectly healthy. Are you ready to go the hospital to meet her?"...I don't think that anything from here on out in my lifetime will top that moment in our lives. To all of the people still waiting...Don't get discouraged because you just really have no idea what kind of wonderful is in store for you. I wish that I could relive those hours over and over. That was the best day of my life. I love looking back at her hospital photos and just reliving that feeling of "Can this be real? Is this really happening? Is this perfect and beautiful little baby girl really OURS???" Ahhh...adoption is an amazingly wonderful, humbling and blessed thing. I thank GOD every single day for our perfect little blessing that is actually 4 months old today!!!
Little Miss has actually been sick since Sunday. I have been out of work all week with her, which I LOVE, but I hate that she has been sick. She has been running a fever off and on since Tuesday. It has stayed between 102 and like 99.9, but this morning it was FINALLY 98.8 and I hope that it will stay down today. We went to the doctor on Tuesday and he didn't really know exactly what the problem was because she was still so smiley (she really is just always smiling) and she didn't have any congested symptoms. But, yesterday she started being congested, so we now know that it is just a cold virus. Her ears are great too, so we just have to let this run it's course. Hopefully, it is over.

I have started my carb diet back... :( I started it on Tuesday, so this is my 3rd day! My days have consisted of

  • Tuesday...breakfast- eggs and fried bologna; dinner- chicken from Zaxby's
  • Wednesday...breakfast- eggs and fried bologna; dinner- green beans and grilled chicken
  • Thursday...breakfast- chicken from lastnight scrambled with eggs and cream cheese; don't know what I am going to do for dinner yet!

BLAH...eggs, meat, green beans, cheese...this is what my life will consist of 2 WHOLE WEEKS...I want a candy bar so bad! HAHA! Oh well, I will make. :)

So, I am going to try to go back to work today and hopefully my baby girl will feel better. I have a lot of things to post about that I need to catch you up on, including HALLOWEEN AND TRICK OR TREATING!!! So much fun!! I will do that maybe tomorrow! I am off to a long day at work today! Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad she is feeling better Kel. Tuff is just now starting to feel better as well. It's hard when they are sick. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Little Miss gets well soon. It's tough on everybody when they don't feel good.Can't wait to see Halloween pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she is already 4 months old! Seems like just yesterday we were sitting at Gram's talking about yall having a girl one day and then just a few short hours later finding out that you were getting one that day! What an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think about that glorious Sunday, jumping up and down with happiness, shedding those tears of happiness (you know me). How can we love someone so much, she definetly has a piece of our hearts that nothing can replace. I love you all, Mimi

    ReplyDelete