Sunday, June 27, 2010

Benefit Yard Sale & Fun Day for the Kids!

I am in the process of planning a yard sale to benefit our adoption process. I am planning to have the yardsale on Saturday, July 31st! This weekend, I was able to pick up my very first truck load of donated items, and I really got some great stuff! I got a kitchen table, 2 solid wood kitchen chairs, 4 vinyl spin chairs, bags full of clothes and a DIAMOND WEDDING SET...that's right, a real diamond! (THANKS DEBBIE) WOW, we are so blessed to have such amazing people around to support us! I am so anxious to see what else we are able to round up for the big sale! If anyone has anything lying around that you have been meaning to take to GoodWill, please give me a call! I will come and pick it up or you can drop it off at my house, Justin's Gram's house or even at the shop, Turning Heads! I am planning to have a fun filled day for everyone, so please come out to check it out! The BIG DAY is still in the planning stage, but I am hoping to have a few things that the kids will LOVE and enjoy! So, come to shop a little for yourself, but also bring the kiddos for some fun activities just for them!!! More details to come soon, after I get them more finalized!!

4 comments:

  1. Just hang in there. Yes, it is real, and it has many emotions. There are really happy days and really sad days.
    I too was new to the blogging thing when we started the process, but it is kinda nice to be able to write it all down. Plus, days when I really need to vent, I turn to this rather than friends (sometimes). It is a good journal because those friends that have had an easy time with becoming parents, no matter how sweet and loving, truly don't understand and thats ok, but it is nice to have a group of people that do 'get it.' Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog today!!! Love adoption and best of luck to you guys! I added your blog to my list of current adoption fundraisers on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you two and your adoption journey!! You will be blessed FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy for you and Justin! You just don't even know!!! :)

    ReplyDelete